A pressure washer can be used in cleaning decks and fences and achieve a range of tasks. When cleaning the decks and fences light pressure should be applied to avoid demanding the wood deck. Deck and fences pressure washing is important in that;
1. It helps to remove mildew, algae, and molds on wood decks and fences.
2. It increases the value of your home. In case you want to sell your home by cleaning the fences and the decks it helps in giving your home a fresh look that is used to attract potential buyers.
3. It cuts down on the cost of disrepair. By pressure cleaning your wooden decks and fence, you eliminate molds, mildew, and algae which tend to damage these woods.
4. It can be used for improving the quality and durability of the decks and fences.
5. It also used to remove harmful bacteria that accumulate in these surfaces.
Decks and fences pressure washing helps to remove dirt, grime, and other environmental pollutants. There are specific techniques that are used in the cleaning of the wooden decks and fences. Before cleaning it’s important to ensure that the pressure washer is well connected since a loose tip or nozzle can be hazardous when the water starts to flow.
For wooden decks the techniques include;
Ensure you start cleaning the deck with a pressure ranging between 500-600 psi this is to prevent the pressure from damaging the deck. Test the pressure on an inconspicuous area first before starting washing.
Hold the trigger a few feet away from the surface of the deck and then lower the wand to approximately 12 inches above the deck surface to be cleaned.
Clean the deck using a wand sweeping motion. Ensure you maintain a distance that is consistent between the deck surface and the spray tip and use the back and forth movement.
Ensure you clean from the inside towards the outside of the house.
Work following the grain and spray parallel to deck boards and make sure you overlap each area slightly.
In the cleaning of the wooden fence then few techniques are used which include;
Stand approximately 3-5 feet away from the fence to be cleaned.
Ensure you clean the fence from top to bottom.
Work in the direction of the wood grain.
Sweep the bottom of the fence to remove any loose additional debris.
In decks and fences pressure cleaning, the appropriate detergent that doesn’t affect the wood is to be used. Never use warm water as it will raise the wood grain and ensure you use light pressure for hardwood of between 1200-1500 psi is to be used while for softwood a pressure of between 500-600 psi is to be used. It’s important not to take long pauses when working or hold the nozzle too close to the deck or fence surface as this might damage it. For large deck area one can attach a scrubber this makes the work much easier.
FREE INSTANT QUOTE